Friday, November 13, 2009

The Golden Threads of My Gentle Heart


This is a textile collage that I made for Arbutus Health in Tofino. This piece has a lot of meaning for me as it expresses a focus on healing the heart. It incorporates a personal collection of 5 semi-precious stones which represent the 5 elements in Chinese medicine. The focal point and centre image of the antler girl is one that I really resonate with. To me, she represents our direct connection to the earth, our oneness with all beings. This piece is made entirely from re-purposed materials such as vintage linens, laces, ribbon and trims with the exception of the image, which I had printed onto plain organic cotton at Pina in Ucluelet. The photo could be better but I haven't had a chance to take a proper one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment